Innovation is new, sometimes crazy and has many colors. Forget the 25-year-old-founder and the garage – it is an old picture, that limits the world’s view on entrepreneurs. Yes, many inspiring new technologies are developed at universities – but an equal number of entrepreneurs bring in their intense years of working experience. Entrepreneurship is also not limited to startups but can be found in any form – in larger corporations, in government and also in school. It is also not “he” or “she”. Innovation and entrepreneurship require a certain mindset, that can be found in any kind of person or organization! Innovation is driven by diversity, boldness and the willingness to change.
Startup Colors brings together an exclusive group of innovators, experts and storytellers passionate about supporting entrepreneurs and innovation in Europe, Asia and the US. We are especially excited about innovation in healthcare, IoT, Smart City and Manufacturing. One of our flagship programs is the healthcare incubator Vision Health Pioneers that has been funded by the Senate of Berlin and European Social Fund with 1.5 Million Euros.
And since our team is growing, we need you to discover with us all the colors and shades of innovation across the world as ours.
Communications & Community Manager
(f/m/d, Full- or Part-time)
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Shape the brand of our new healthcare incubator Vision Health Pioneers and join the core team in innovating healthcare.
- Develop and execute a compelling communication strategy with appealing stories and content highlighting the international entrepreneurs we support and the milestones of the incubation program as well as other Startup Colors projects.
- Take care of the Social Media activities, the Website including the blog and the newsletter of the Incubator as well as Startup Colors (if possible timewise).
- Drive our community events at the incubator such as meetups, demodays as well as fun events, e.g. at SXSW in Texas or the World Forum of Foreign Direct Investment 2020 in Vancouver.
- Coordinate tasks with the designers, web experts and content freelancers we are working with.
What do you bring to the table?
- You have a Bachelor degree in journalism, communications, entrepreneurship or business administration.
- You have first working experience in Communication, Content creation, and/or Marketing.
- You have to be an entrepreneur at heart and you know about entrepreneurship and the Berlin startup scene. We look for agile minds and street-smart people that “walk the talk”. You have some experience working in innovation projects.
- You are a natural communicator. You are active on social media, like to write and to create powerful stories, do videos or experiment with podcasts.
- You like to express yourself – ideally in English and German. Native English preferred over German.
- Execution is important to you. You are autonomous and get stuff done in time and on a quality level you are proud of.
- You do not have to be a healthcare expert but should be excited by moving into this space.
- You like to travel. You like people. And you like to dive into the Berlin startup community.
What do we offer in return?
- Work in an agile team in our own coworking space in the heart of Berlin (U Schwartzkopffstraße).
- Access to our ecosystem of partners and startups. In our incubator we work with some of the most important healthcare and pharma companies in Berlin.
- A steep learning curve in entrepreneurship-focused communication and community management as you will get your own tasks and responsibilities and be fully integrated to our management team. Learn by doing and take initiatives.
- An opportunity to learn how to handle large-scale public grants as well as work with small budgets at the same time.
- Flexible working hours with the option of Home Office if you need creative moments.
- Time to network and attend events in Berlin and Europe.
- A salary based on public government rates but also a guaranteed job since most of our public projects are long-term (e.g. The current funding scheme of Vision Health Pioneers runs till September 30, 2021 but can be extended.)
Please send your CV, a short letter as well as your possible starting date and salary expectations to our Managing Director Maren Lesche: email@example.com
Please also answer three questions:
- What is your favorite startup startup event in Berlin and why?
- What is your favorite website?
- What is your social media channel of choice?
Please send us your application till February 16th. Batch 1 of Vision Health Pioneers is starting in March. It would be a pity to miss this!