Startup Colors brings together an exclusive group of innovators, experts and storytellers passionate about supporting entrepreneurs and innovation in Europe, Asia and the US. We are especially excited about innovation in healthcare, IoT, Smart City and Manufacturing. For our two flagship programs we are looking for support on multiple levels. Besides an IoT Project Manger and an Office Assistant, we are eager to hire a strong Communicator!
- Our Vision Health Pioneers Incubator is providing training, mentoring and coworking as well as equity-free investment to more than 40 entrepreneurs in two cohorts. Join the existing team and support our first cohort. This project is funded by the Senate of Berlin and European Social Fund with 1.5 Million Euros till the ende of September 2021.
- In a new Pan-European innovation project we will support a consortia of 10+ organisations in developing new deeptech IoT and AI solutions applicable in healthcare, agriculture and manufacturing. This project starts in October 2020 and will run for three years in total.
Support both projects as a full-time
Marketing & Communications Manager
Your responsibilities will be:
- Strengthen the existing brand of our healthcare incubator and join the core team of 5 healthcare and incubation experts.
- Develop appealing stories and content highlighting the international entrepreneurs we support and the milestones of the incubation program
- Take care of the Social Media activities, the Website including the blog and the newsletter of the Incubator
- Drive our community events at the incubator such as meetups, demodays as well as fun events, e.g. BBQs in our Coworking garden.
- Coordinate tasks with the graphic designers, web experts and content freelancers we are working with.
- Lead the upcoming application phase to ensure that we find the most interesting talent in Europe for our second batch coming up in December.
IoT, AI and 5G
- Since the program will start in October, you get the chance to build a completely new brand, including logo, website, social media.
- You will also support the 10+ consortia partners in finding the right words to translate complex tech topics.
- Build up a strong IoT ecosystem in Europe by driving meaningful content but also by organising events such as meet-ups, workshops and support existing formats such as Summer Schools.
- The project also focusses in bringing the newly declined technology framework to startups and SME. In the next 3 years we will coordinate at least 2 startups competitions (open calls).
- An IoT Project Manager as well as our Managing Director Maren Lesche will support you in this journey.
What do you bring to the table?
- You have a university degree in journalism, marketing or entrepreneurship.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of working experience in Communication, Content creation, and/or Marketing.
- You are a natural communicator. You are active on social media, like to write and to create powerful stories, do videos or experiment with podcasts.
- You like to express yourself – ideally in English and German. Native English preferred over German.
- You are a strong Project Manager and can also oversee your own budget. Execution is important to you. You are autonomous and “get stuff done” in time and on a quality level you are proud of.
- We look for agile minds and street-smart people that “walk the talk”. You have some experience working in innovation projects.
- You do not have to be a healthcare or IoT expert but should be excited by moving into this space and diving deeper into complex topics.
What do we offer in return?
- Work in an agile team in our own coworking space in the heart of Berlin (U Schwartzkopffstraße) or in our headquarter at Friedrichstrasse 120.
- A steep learning curve in entrepreneurship-focused communication and community management as you will get your own tasks and responsibilities and be fully integrated to our management team. Learn by doing and take initiatives.
- An opportunity to learn how to handle large-scale public grants as well as work with small budgets at the same time.
- Flexible working hours with the option of Home Office if you need creative moments. Time to network and attend events in Berlin and Europe.
- The option to attend trainings and conferences in Europe.
- Access to our ecosystem of partners and startups. In our incubator we work with some of the most important healthcare and pharma companies in Berlin. The new Pan-European projects brings partners from 11 nations to one table.
- A salary based on public government rates but also a guaranteed job since most of our public projects are long-term (e.g. Vision Health Pioneers runs till September 30, 2021. The new Pan-European EU Program starts in October 2020 and will run a minimum of 3 years.)
Since you could start right away, do not hesitate to send us your application!
Please send your CV, a short letter as well as your possible starting date and salary expectations to our Managing Director Maren Lesche: email@example.com
Please also answer three questions:
- What is your favorite startup startup event in Berlin and why?
- What is your favorite website?
- What is your social media channel of choice?